We are hiring!
Haverstock is working with the government funded Kickstart Scheme to fill a new role of architectural studio assistant, who will work across the practice to provide support to architectural project teams, as well as aiding our marketing manager, managing our social media presence and generally supporting the smooth running of the office.
An interest, and experience, in architectural design is considered a bonus but not essential. If you are more suited to some tasks than others, we can adjust the position to suit the right candidate.
The position is split into three main roles. The key responsibilities of each role include:
Architectural design assistant:
– issuing drawings and document control, including issuing information to clients and consultants
– creating 3d models and images for presentations
– compiling presentations for use in online webinars and other promotional activities
– going on site visits with a project architect – taking notes and photographs, and distributing them to the design team
– general computer based administration
– answering telephones, managing post, organising couriers
– welcoming guests to the studio, providing refreshments for meetings
– organising and ordering of office supplies and any office maintenance requirements
Social media manager and marketing assistant:
– gathering of information for publication across our website and social media platforms
– growing our social media platform followings
– assisting our Bid manager in compiling competition bids
As part of the Kickstart Scheme, Haverstock can provide formal training which is specific both to the role and to you. This may mean training in 2d and 3d computer rendering tools, ISO administrative training or a course in social media management. Throughout the six month placement, you will be assigned a mentor who will work with you to complete your role(s), as well as training in CV and interview preparation. There is also the potential for the employee to be retained within the practice, depending on employee performance and company resources.
To be eligible for the role, you must meet the following criteria:
– currently in receipt of universal credit
– have an Intro ID, or be able to obtain one from your work coach
– be available to start within the next four weeks
The contract length is six months. The role is offered on a part time basis of 25 hours a week, with the potential of becoming full time, subject to both practice and applicant’s capacity. The role will be carried out from our offices in North London. We can offer working hours to suit the candidate, though they must take place some time between Monday-Friday, 9-6pm.
To apply, please submit your CV, and portfolio if available, to email@example.com
Please do not send files larger than 5MB.